Friday, June 26, 2015

The Middle Thingy

As I mentioned yesterday, today was go-to-town day.  Around here that doesn't mean leaving the neighborhood and driving to the Target down the street.  Today it meant a 2 1/2 hour (one way) drive to town and all of the errands one saves up for the next "trip to town."  Fortunately, my husband didn't come along so it didn't include the usual 2 hours in a lumber/hardware store.  It did include trying on shoes, so there were fun parts to the day!

The center of the blossom with the layers all on and the mask removed.  
Last night I finished the center of the first blossom, which means I have a plan worked out for the others in the piece.  That is all the progress I've made.  I could post pictures of cute shoes, which of course I bought, but this is a blog about art and creative process and shoes don't figure into that very smoothly.  I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out and want to show somebody.  Red and pink are not colors I would put together, but nature did in these flowers and they actually go pretty well together.

The flower in context of the whole composition before the center was finished.
I'm also including a photo of the blossom as it fits into the composition.  In photos it's hard to tell size by looking, but this painting is 22" x 30," my standard size.  They look good enlarged that much.  Super-sizing stuff makes me really notice details and appreciate the beauty that I might otherwise overlook.  So, here it is and that's all the news for this day.

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

The blossom is gorgeous!!! And I think photos of shoes are art, plus you could paint them, too!! ha ha Have a great week.

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thanks, Rhonda! I agree that photos of shoes are art; I have shoe issues... LOL