Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Rug

The past few days have been spent in weaving.  Weaving as long as I can sit still, that is…  It's a weave for an hour then take a break sort of process.  When I began I was getting an inch per hour, now I'm getting an inch and a half, so it's speeding up as I go.

I am enjoying this, even though I can see I still have so much to learn.  The edges began to draw in on day 2, but I think I've got that stopped.

So.. here is the progress of the work:

Days 1-3

Day 4

Day 5

I drew the design in an app on my iPad, so it's far from pretty, but it gives me the idea of the thing.  I wanted geometrics with simple and limited color in this project but still something I'd hang in my house. I like the first, but would welcome input from others on it.  I've looked at them for too long!


  
Design idea 1

Design idea 2

No comments: