Tuesday, June 10, 2014

End of Semester Art Show

The end of semester art show this spring was fun for me because I had a chance to give private watercolor painting lessons to another student-  It was as fun to have her work hanging as it was mine! The art building is fairly small, we we crowd a LOT of work into the space.  My paintings were hung in a grouping instead of separately like I'd have hung them.  However, I thought it was interesting to see them in comparison to each other.  They look quite different as a group than they do alone. I will probably look at paintings in this way again as I think it added to their context. Not a bad semester's worth of work done, so I feel like it was a successful one.

The teacher who handles the show did not hang my work crooked, it's the angle I stood at to take the photos that caused the wonky angle.  

My student, Karyn Neil, worked so hard to learn watercolor painting techniques.  I am quite tickled with what she's accomplished.  I think I learned at least as much by teaching as she did from the class.  She has a nice touch and it'll be so exciting to see what she does from this point.  I can't wait to see how her style develops.  Here are her paintings:

Karyn Neil, watercolor painter, WNMU- Pretty great work, you wouldn't think she's new to the medium!  



No comments: