Monday, October 7, 2013

Chickens with their heads cut off DO run around...

And I am running around just like one!  I do have a painting in the layout stages, a sculpture in process and a weaving being dressed onto a loom currently.  I am keeping up with my computers class, my art processes class and my art history class.  I'm even keeping up with the dishes and laundry. . . ish.  However, so far I'm not ahead of the game either.  It's a long term race, going to school and being a grownup.  I'm loving on the grandkids as often as I get the chance to do and spending as much time with my beautiful man as possible.  What I am NOT doing is spending as much time exploring my painting as it needs.

No matter what you are involved in, there is always something one can feel guilty about.  The trick is to look at what IS getting done and not what is NOT getting done.  Some days I do better at this than others.  Having just turned in a full day of assignments from online classes at 11:00pm I am feeling like I need a reminder that I am moving ahead.

Here is the sculpture beginning:

Armature out of whatever wire I could find, this is an experiment after all!

Fleshing the figure out with foil..

He looks like a newspaper mummy at this point!  Papier Mache is a slow process, but I have fun plans for this piece.  I'll post more when I finish it.

Here is the beginning process of dressing a loom.  I am making a rug which will be a color study in fiber.  

Winding the warp, or the yarns that run lengthwise and are the foundation of the weaving.

These yarns are being strung through the "reed" of the loom in preparation for being threaded into the heddles, or the section of the loom that moves, allowing a pattern to emerge in the finished piece.  I'll post more about it later this week.  

I have gotten work done and am working like crazy to get some finished pieces turned out. I can do this!  

No comments: