Monday, February 8, 2010

A Travel Paintbrush

I have been looking for just the right travel brush for several years. I’ve tried putting my studio brushes into various carriers or other contraptions to protect the ends from being destroyed, but never had much success with anything I’ve tried. It’s always too bulky.

I got a flier from my favorite art supplier, and it had SABLE travel brushes advertised at really good sale prices, so I splurged. Always wanted a real sable brush, anyway! Wow! What a difference. I’ve been using Silverbrush Black Velvet brushes for a few years and thought they were really nice. Hmm, not compared to this little beauty. I have been converted! Now to get a night job to be able to afford a couple more of them.

CIMG0887

It’s an Escoda, #8, series 1218. It’s the same size as my Silverbrush #6, but holds more water/paint. It has a lovely snap and reshapes better than any brush I’ve ever used.

Good thing I only have to put in a half day tomorrow. I hope the light is bright and the weekend is warm!

CIMG0888

CIMG0889

No comments: