Sunday, May 31, 2015

Taking Back Control

It doesn't take Mother Nature long to take back cleared ground or an abandoned house; it's just the way things are designed.  My eyebrows grow back after I've plucked the dang things faster every time and my kitchen can get dirty all by itself when I'm not even looking.  Really!

Sadly, its not any different in my studio.  In a few short weeks, it has become the place to pile things we plan to put away on our next trip to the shed or the stuff we are scampering like crazy to hide when someone knocks on the door.  (yes, I admit it, I am a stacker of things)  My several weeks long absence from this beloved space has left me with a dust bunny, centipede heaven.  Fortunately, (hopefully?) the centipedes are dead ones, but still not fun to find lurking behind a pile of books.

A small, but accurate sample of the disaster.  
Saturday is the day I take back my space.  The baby chile plants will have to live elsewhere, which means in the garden, where they belong and the long overdue trip to the shed happens, too.  Of course there is a prize at the end.  Besides the bacon, lettuce, tomato and jalepeno sandwich I promised myself, I'll have a place I don't walk into and turn right back around and walk out of again.  A space I can use to lay out lesson plans as I work on them and my art table-- dusted and ready to sit down to at a moment's notice.
Inviting me once again.  It may take a bit of time to get back up to speed, but it's coming to me bit by bit; I can feel it! 

The sun is coming out from behind the clouds here in Alice-Land and it feels great!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: