Saturday, April 18, 2015

It Only Took 5 Weeks

One thing I hoped I could do when I agreed to take on a full-time job a few weeks ago was paint in the evenings or early mornings.  So far that hasn't been possible.  However, today I finally have a whole day of my own to choose what I want to do with.  I feel rich!
Gates, old doors and windows draw my imagination, making me want to explore what is behind them. This one was the entrance to an old cemetery, drawing me in and keeping me there for some time.  
Working on this piece from a memory and some photos of the San Miguel Mission in California, I've been remembering our visit there this past summer and how much I enjoyed seeing it and the feelings the old place stirred in me.  Standing in my bathrobe and flip flops this morning, hair standing on end while the birds sang outside my windows this morning, I got lost in the work.  What a peaceful way to start a day off.  I hope you have a grand Saturday.  I'm off to seek some adventure.

Thanks for spending a few minutes on Watercolorit today!  Alice