Friday, March 28, 2014

Faber-Castell Pitt Brush Markers

This week I ordered a few Faber-Castell brush markers to try out for fun.  I love the look of work with visible strokes in it and thought these would be fun to carry around in my purse for those times that a spare 15 minutes and the opportunity to sketch something fun comes up.



Today there was finally time to play around with them a little bit, so I played around with them in my 7.5 x 7.5 sketchbook by Moleskine.  Twenty minutes later, I have a drawing that gives me local color reference, and a fun painting idea.




These pens are water based, so there's no odor and waterproof when dry.  They blend well and the colors are intense enough to stand on their own, but not so intense that they can't be layered.  I can see more fun like this in my future.  And probably more pens, too..

No comments: