Friday, February 21, 2014

Morning Train

Well, here we go on another landscape try.  This is on 300 pound paper, 18" x 24" in size.  I'm taking this slow, hopefully not going to mess this up!


I started with an underpainting of madder lake deep and used it for the base of the sky as well.



The far mountains are a mix of madder lake deep, yellow ochre, cadmium yellow and vermillion.



Shadows on the mountain area are ultramarine.  I think I'll quit for the night and sleep on the next steps.  So far, so good!  

2 comments:

Yerda Payne said...

Neat!!! I am so proud of you and what you are doing. I enjoyed seeing how you develop the concept as you go along.

Keep me on your list. My only regret is that I am not a rich uncle that can be your benefactor as you spend your time using your talents.
Love, Uncle Vern

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thank you, you've already helped more than you know.