Friday, July 29, 2016

Bright Color Combinations

While painting with a limited palette can be liberating to me, such is not the case with everyone. I love subdued tones, carefully planned color combinations and subtle light effects. That said, I also am drawn to riotous color and patterns and a touch of gold is pure eye candy when used well. I just dont happen to think in that way.

Artist and daughter Katie Kellogg hasn't a subdued bit in her whole, glorious artistic style, and it works beautifully. I visited her recently and this painting reached out and grabbed me as soon as I walked in the door. Miles apart from my style, it nonetheless has a sparkling appeal that I envy. Done with acrylic on panel, this piece sings with joy. And I want one. Of course.

Thanks for stopping by- see you Monday! Alice

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

How could you not fall in love with this - the candy colors are almost a return to childhood - we want to walk into that house, play in that yard, see those leaves falling in autumn!

Anonymous said...

I will pass along your comments! Thanks, Alice