Saturday, October 3, 2015

Warming Up

The first real day of autumn around here is when the temperatures finally stay below 90 degrees.  Today was that day.  What a blessing- it's actually chilly outside tonight.  I got my sweaters out and stacked on the closet shelves to celebrate.  Of course, needing them is still probably a month away, but it was fun to anticipate the coming cool weather.
Still unfinished, a bit garish but a good warmup project anyway. 

Having not painted for several weeks, this afternoon I decided to play around with the watercolors and think about how cool weather looks in the mountains close to our house.  Foggy, hazy afternoons are particular favorites of mine as they are rare and beautiful, making the mountain tops look like they are floating on the horizon.  Too bad my memory of them is still in my head and not down on my paper.  I enjoyed painting again, but turned out a disappointment of a sketch.  However, warming up my skills felt wonderful.  I love watercolor.  Love autumn, too.

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

No comments: