Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Repairs

Two days ago, I put my current painting aside till I could think through how to handle the messes I made on the unpainted areas.  Today I rolled up my sleeves and got back to it.  Although it's not what I have been working toward, it is what it is.
Knowing I was going to have to make the background area very dark, I began to beef up the shadows in the cactus shapes.  

I hoped I would only have to go this dark, but as you can see, the spot where the eraser flaked out is taking the paint differently than the rest of the area.

The eraser spot, detail.

Where the painting stands tonight.  There is so much water in the paper that I don't dare go further till tomorrow.  However, I think I'll be able to begin to remove the masked areas then.  That's always exciting.

I still have a ways to go on this one, but I can see the end drawing near.  This piece has been a tough one, but I am enjoying the challenge, if the truth be known.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Alice

2 comments:

Juliana said...

I love watching your paintings evolve!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thanks, Juliana. This one has taken forever!